Visitation Days and Hours
The Video Visitation Center is open every day of the year to include weekends and holidays. Normal business hours are 8:00 am to 1:45 pm and 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Due to current COVID restrictions, there is limited availability for in-person visits. Online visits are available during normal business hours.
(Closures for maintenance may occur occasionally)
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office welcomes you to the video visitation process. The following information will guide you on how to schedule visits and will also provide valuable information on the visitation rules. Our goal is to provide quality service to you, the public, and enable you to schedule a visitation time that is more convenient to your schedule, family and social lifestyles.
We remind you that visitation is designed to be a family friendly environment. In order for all of our guests to have a pleasant and enjoyable visit, the following rules have been established.
Individual visits may be terminated immediately if a visitor or inmate violates any visitation rule, or their behavior is disruptive to visitation operations.
Should you have any unanswered questions, please call the general information number at (719) 390-2000, 24 hours a day for assistance.
2727 East Las Vegas
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Phone Number: (719) 390-2373
When you enter the El Paso County Jail campus, the Video Visitation Center is the first building on the left. All visitors are required to park in the designated visitor parking lot. The main entrance of the facility is directly adjacent to the parking lot.
Visitors must schedule their visit two to fourteen (2-14) days in advance of scheduled visit. The week begins with Sunday and ends with Saturday. Visitors may schedule visits in person by staff, in person through the on-site kiosk, calling 719-390-2373, or online at GTL Visitor Web 8.0 (gtlvisitme.com) or www.epcsheriff.com and selecting the Online Visitation link.
When registering, you must provide the following information:
1. Your first and last name (Must match your identification)
2. Your address/city/zip code
3. Your phone number
4. Your email
5. Your date of birth
6. Your relationship to the inmate
7. Your photo
In Person Visits – Visitors will be limited to 2 visits per day or 4 per week. In Person visits at the Video Visitation Center are suspended until further notice due to COVID-19
Online Visits – Visitors are not limited.
Inmates are required to check the monitors and the Daily Visitation Schedule posted in their wards for any scheduled visits.
The ward deputy and visitation staff will not notify the inmate of any pending public visits, only professional visits.
- If any public visit is terminated due to a rule violation or disruptive activity, the visitor or inmate may be banned from visits. Warnings may or may not be given depending on the severity of the rule violation. The time limit on the ban will be based on the severity or the rule violation.
- Visitors will be notified by mail or phone.
- Inmates can check monitors/tablets for bans.
- Inmates can ban visitors by submitting a request in the kiosk to the Floor Security Sergeant. The ban is automatically 90 days minimum unless a longer time frame is requested. Once an inmate requests a visitor ban, the ban will not be reversed.
- Protection Orders are put in place to protect a victim or witness from being harassed, molested, intimidated, retaliated against or tampered with by the restrained party. Protection Orders will remain in effect until final disposition of the action. “Until final disposition of the action” means until the case is dismissed, until the defendant is acquitted, or until the defendant completes his or her sentence.
Visitation Rules for Wards
The week begins with Sunday and ends with Saturday. Visits must be scheduled during the inmates unlock period or the visit will not be honored.
Inmates are limited by the following amount of visitations allowed a day/week per ward:
- A1- 4 a week
- A2- 1 a week
- A3- 2 a week
- B1-1 a week
- B2- 4 a week
- B3- 4 a week
- B4- 1 a week unless MH they may get 2 a day
- C1- 4 a week
- C2- 6 a week
- D1- 2 a week
- D2 4 a week
- Tower Wards are 2 a day/6 per week
- Disciplinary Lockdown Inmates do not get any visits
On-Site Visitation Rules
- Proper government-issued identification is required to visit. Proper identification must include your full name, photo and date of birth. If we cannot confirm your identity, we will not allow you to visit.
- Visitors must be 18 years old unless accompanied by an adult. Spouses under the age of 18 will be permitted with a valid form of ID after producing a Marriage License.
- Visits will be limited to three visitors which include all combination(s) of children and adults.
- Visitors will need to schedule their own visits which will count against the inmate’s visitation quota. Switching visitors during the visits is not permitted. Additional visitors will be asked to leave the facility. No loitering in or near the Video Visitation Center.
- The person under whose name the visit is scheduled must be present in order for the visit to proceed. All visitors must be present at check-in.
- Visitors and inmates shall remain at their designated visitation booth and may not go to any other visitation booth for any reason. If a visitor leaves the facility before the visit has concluded, they may not re-enter the facility.
- No food or drinks. No Smoking/Vaping. Only necessary items may be brought into the building. Extra items should be secured in your vehicle or left at home.
- Visitors exhibiting loud disruptive behavior or abusive language will be required to leave the facility.
- Adult visitors are expected to supervise children they bring and keep them within reach at all times. Due to safety concerns, most toys are not allowed in the facility.
- Cell phones may be kept on person but may not be used to make or receive calls inside the Video Visitation Center. You may use your phone to show appropriate pictures to the inmate you are visiting, check the time, look at the calendar, text or other appropriate uses. Cell phones may not be used to take photos, video or audio recordings of inmates during the visit. (If your phone becomes a distraction to staff or others, you will be required to leave.) Facilitating a visit for a third party by the use of phone, tablet, or any other device is not permitted and the visit may be terminated.
- No animals are permitted in the Video Visitation Center except for “Trained” Service Animals. (Emotional Support Animals are not allowed in the facility.)
Please be aware: any violation of the rules will result in a warning and/or being asked to leave the facility. Depending on the violation you may be subject to a ban from future visits in the facility.
Online Visitation Rules
- Do not operate any machinery while conducting a visit or your visit will be terminated.
Dress Code (in person and online)
Visitors must be properly dressed to ensure the orderly operation of the Video Visitation Center and the Detention Facility. The Video Visitation Center dress code applies to both male and female visitors as follows:
A specific DRESS CODE exists which identifies apparel inappropriate and unauthorized to be worn during inmate visitation at the Criminal Justice Center. The following is a list of clothing that is NOT allowed to be worn during visitation: SHORT SKIRTS:HALTER TOPS:LOW CUT DRESSES AND/OR BLOUSES: TANK TOPS OR SPAGHETTI STRAPS;MIDRIFF BLOUSES/TOPS
- No sheer or see-through clothing. Clothing primarily designed as an undergarment may NOT be worn as an outer garment.
- Exposed cleavage, midriff or back are NOT allowed.
- If the visitor’s attire is clearly in violation, the Security Technician will inform the visitor they will not be permitted to visit due to their attire and provide the visitor a copy of the dress code directly from the website.
- If there are discrepancies in judgment between the Security Technician and visitor, the Security Technician will request assistance from their Shift Supervisor.
Visitors observed or reported to be lifting or arranging their clothing in order to expose themselves to anyone will be ordered to leave the Video Visitation Center immediately and may be subject to a ban from future visitation. Online violations may be cause to terminate the Online visit and the visitor may be subject to a ban from future visits.
It is the inmate’s responsibility to inform visitors of trusty schedules to avoid visiting complications. The Video Visitation staff does not have access to inmate trusty and Gateway schedules.
Visitors and inmates can cancel visits any time. If the visit is cancelled prior to start time, the visit will not count towards the inmate’s visits.
Staff will cancel scheduled visits for the following reasons:
- The visits are not scheduled 2 days in advance
- The visits are not scheduled during the inmate’s unlock time
- The visits exceed the amount of visits the inmate is allowed
- The profile is not filled out correctly (missing data/photo, etc.)
When a visit is changed or cancelled, messages are not passed to inmates. Refunds are handled through GTL.