COVID-19 Visitation Updates:
- Video visitation center located at the criminal justice center is closed for scheduling personal visits due to the pandemic.
- The visitation center is open to use money machine to put money on inmate accounts ONLY.
- All visits should be scheduled by the visitor on the sheriff’s office website at visitation.epcsheriffsoffice.com. We are currently doing online visits ONLY.
Visitation Days and Hours
Daily from 8:00 A.M. to 1:45 P.M. and 4:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. In Person temporarily closed to to COVID-19
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office welcomes you to the video visitation process. The following information will guide you on how to schedule visits and will also provide valuable information on the visitation rules. Our goal is to provide quality service to you, the public, and enable you to schedule a visitation time that is more convenient to your schedule, family and social lifestyles.
We remind you that visitation is designed to be a family friendly environment. In order for all of our guests to have a pleasant and enjoyable visit, the following rules have been established.
Individual visits may be terminated immediately if a visitor or inmate violates any visitation rule, or their behavior is disruptive to visitation operations.
Should you have any unanswered questions, please call the general information number at (719) 390-2000, 24 hours a day for assistance.
2727 East Las Vegas
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Phone Number: (719) 390-2373
When you enter the El Paso County Jail campus, the Video Visitation Center is the first building on the left. All visitors are required to park in the designated visitor parking lot. The main entrance of the facility is directly adjacent to the parking lot.
or online at GTL Inmate Visitation
Online - Go to www.gettingout.com to register and conduct online visits. Visits should be scheduled during jail unlock times, 8am to 1:45pm and 3pm to 8:45pm. Visits vary based on availability of the inmate Equipment needed: Desktop computer, Laptop computer, with Camera and microphone or Android and Apple device(s). A photo of your face is required to visit.
All visits are scheduled or requested by the visitor and must be accepted by the inmate.
In Person - Video Visits are not permitted at this time. These visits are temporarily halted due to COVID-19 Pandemic.
Visitation Rules for Wards
Facilitating a visit for a third party (Three Way Call) by use of phone, tablet, or any other device is not permitted and the visit may be terminated. No refunds will be given for terminated visits. You can schedule and conduct your visit online at GTL Inmate Visitation.
On-Site Visitation Rules
- Proper government-issued identification is required to visit. Proper identification must include your full name, photo and date of birth. If we cannot confirm your identity, we will not allow you to visit.
- Visitors must be 18 years old unless accompanied by an adult. Spouses under the age of 18 will be permitted with a valid form of ID after producing a Marriage License.
- Visits will be limited to three visitors which include all combination(s) of children and adults. Additional visitors will need to schedule their own visits which will count against the inmate’s visitation quota. Switching visitors during the visits is not permitted. Additional visitors will be asked to leave the facility. No loitering in or near the Video Visitation Center.
- The person under whose name the visit is scheduled must be present in order for the visit to proceed. All visitors must be present at check-in.
- Visitors and inmates shall remain at their designated visitation booth and may not go to any other visitation booth for any reason. If a visitor leaves the facility before the visit has concluded, they may not re-enter the facility.
- No food or drinks. No Smoking/Vaping. Only necessary items may be brought into the building. Extra items should be secured in your vehicle or left at home.
- Visitors exhibiting loud disruptive behavior or abusive language will be required to leave the facility.
- Adult visitors are expected to supervise children they bring and keep them within reach at all times. Due to safety concerns, most toys are not allowed in the facility.
- Cell phones may be kept on person but may not be used to make or receive calls inside the Video Visitation Center. You may use your phone to show appropriate pictures to the inmate you are visiting, check the time, look at the calendar, text or other appropriate uses. Cell phones may not be used to take photos, video or audio recordings of inmates during the visit. (If your phone becomes a distraction to staff or others, you will be required to leave.) Facilitating a visit for a third party by the use of phone, tablet, or any other device is not permitted and the visit may be terminated.
- No animals are permitted in the Video Visitation Center except for “Trained” Service Animals. (Emotional Support Animals are not allowed in the facility.)
Please be aware: any violation of the rules will result in a warning and/or being asked to leave the facility. Depending on the violation you may be subject to a ban from future visits in the facility.
Dress Code (in person and online)
Visitors must be properly dressed to ensure the orderly operation of the Video Visitation Center and the Detention Facility. The Video Visitation Center dress code applies to both male and female visitors as follows:
A specific DRESS CODE exists which identifies apparel inappropriate and unauthorized to be worn during inmate visitation at the Criminal Justice Center. The following is a list of clothing that is NOT allowed to be worn during visitation: SHORT SKIRTS:HALTER TOPS:LOW CUT DRESSES AND/OR BLOUSES: TANK TOPS OR SPAGHETTI STRAPS;MIDRIFF BLOUSES/TOPS
- No sheer or see-through clothing. Clothing primarily designed as an undergarment may NOT be worn as an outer garment.
- Exposed cleavage, midriff or back are NOT allowed.
- If the visitor’s attire is clearly in violation, the Security Technician will inform the visitor they will not be permitted to visit due to their attire and provide the visitor a copy of the dress code directly from the website.
- If there are discrepancies in judgment between the Security Technician and visitor, the Security Technician will request assistance from their Shift Supervisor.
Visitors observed or reported to be lifting or arranging their clothing in order to expose themselves to anyone will be ordered to leave the Video Visitation Center immediately and may be subject to a ban from future visitation. Online violations may be cause to terminate the Online visit and the visitor may be subject to a ban from future visits.
It is the inmate’s responsibility to inform visitors of trusty schedules to avoid visiting complications. The Video Visitation staff does not have access to inmate trusty and Gateway schedules.