Visitation Days and Hours
Daily from 8:00 A.M. to 1:45 P.M. and 4:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
The Video Visitation Center is open every day of the year to include weekends and holidays. (Closures for maintenance may occur occasionally)
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office welcomes you to the video visitation process. The following information will guide you on how to schedule visits and will also provide valuable information on the visitation rules. Our goal is to provide quality service to you, the public, and enable you to schedule a visitation time that is more convenient to your schedule, family and social lifestyles.
We remind you that visitation is designed to be a family friendly environment. In order for all of our guests to have a pleasant and enjoyable visit, the following rules have been established.
Should you have any unanswered questions, please call the general information number at (719) 390-2000, 24 hours a day for assistance.
2727 East Las Vegas
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Phone Number: (719) 390-2373
When you enter the Criminal Justice Center campus, the Video Visitation Center is the first building on the left. All visitors are required to park in the designated visitor parking lot. The main entrance of the facility is directly adjacent to the parking lot.
Visits must be scheduled two days prior to the visitation day. Visits may be scheduled by calling 719-390-2373, in person by staff or by kiosk, or online at IP Web Visitor.
When scheduling a visit, you must provide the following information:
- The inmate’s complete name.
- Your personal information:
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Your identification type (driver’s license, government ID) with photo
- Your phone number
- Your address
- Your relationship to the inmate
- The time you wish to visit.
- The names of other visitors that will be present. Limit is three people for on-site visitation.
Visits are approximately 30 minutes in length. Unless there are restrictions in the ward, visits may be scheduled for the following time slots:
- AM - 8:00, 8:45, 9:30, 10:15, 11:00, 11:45,
- PM - 12:30, 1:15 4:00, 4:45, 5:30, 6:15, 7:00, 7:45, 8:30
Scheduling by Staff or Phone
At times the volume of incoming calls exceeds our available resources. Our staff works quickly and diligently to accommodate the needs of each visitor. If you experience difficulty getting through by phone, please be patient and call back. Calls to the Video Visitation Center may be recorded to ensure customer service, as well as the continued safety and security of the staff and facility.
It is very helpful if you have all the required information immediately available when you are scheduling a visit. Please have your government-issued identification ready for registration purposes.
The scheduling kiosk is located in the Video Visitation building. It is self explanatory and easy to use. If you experience difficulty, please ask the security technician at the desk for assistance. If it is difficult for you to access to kiosk, the security technician at the desk can assist you in scheduling your next visit.
The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office is pleased to announce a new way for friends, family, and professionals to visit an inmate. Starting June 1st, 2017, visitors can use a personal computer to visit from home or the office.
Online Public Visits cost $6.00 per 30-minute visit. Online Professional visits cost $6.00 but are not limited in duration. Onsite visits will continue to be available free of charge.
Visitors must have an email address to create an account online and must register prior to the visit. Visitors are encouraged to run a simple test to ensure the computer hardware is compatible.
Your email address will be used to send you visit confirmation information and to notify you of changes to your scheduled visit (e.g., location change, inmate release).
You can schedule and conduct your visit online at IP Web Visitor.
Visitation Rules for Wards
The week will run from Sunday through Saturday for the purposes of counting visits.
The following wards are permitted two visits per day and a maximum of eight visits per week:
- D2, E2, E3, E4, F2, F3, F4, G1, G2, G3, G4, H1, H2 and Medical. These wards do not have time slot restrictions.
Visits for the below wards are governed as followings:
- A1 - limited to 2 visits per week during the inmate’s unlock time.
- A2 - limited to 1 visit per week during the inmate’s unlock time.
- A3 - limited to 4 visits per week during the inmate’s unlock time.
- B1 - limited to 1 visit per week during the inmate’s unlock time.
- B2 - limited to 4 visits per week.
- B3 - limited to 4 visits per week during the inmate’s unlock time.
- B4 - limited to 1 visit per week during the inmate’s unlock time.
- C1 - limited to 2 visits per week during the inmate’s unlock time.
- C2 - limited to 4 visits per week during the inmate’s unlock time.
- D1 - limited to 4 visits per week during the inmate’s unlock time.
- E1 - limited to 6 visits per week between 8:00-1:45 and 4:00-6:45.
- F1 - limited to 4 visits per week.
NOTE: Visits in Wards A2, B1, B3, and B4 must be scheduled with a security technician. These visits may not be scheduled by kiosk or online.
On-Site Visitation Rules
- Proper government-issued identification is required to visit. Proper identification must include your full name, photo and date of birth. If we cannot confirm your identity, we will not allow you to visit.
- Visitors must be 18 years old unless accompanied by an adult. Spouses under the age of 18 will be permitted with a valid form of ID after producing a Marriage License.
- Visits will be limited to three visitors which include all combination(s) of children and adults. Additional visitors will need to schedule their own visits which will count against the inmate’s visitation quota. Switching visitors during the visits is not permitted. Additional visitors will be asked to leave the facility. No loitering in or near the Video Visitation Center.
- The person under whose name the visit is scheduled must be present in order for the visit to proceed. All visitors must be present at check-in.
- Visitors and inmates shall remain at their designated visitation booth and may not go to any other visitation booth for any reason. If a visitor leaves the facility before the visit has concluded, they may not re-enter the facility.
- Late arrivals are only entitled to the balance of the scheduled time. The time on the visit will not be adjusted. Please plan accordingly (traffic, weather, etc.).
- No food or drinks. No Smoking/Vaping. Only necessary items may be brought into the building. Extra items should be secured in your vehicle or left at home.
- Visitors exhibiting loud disruptive behavior or abusive language will be required to leave the facility.
- Adult visitors are expected to supervise children they bring and keep them within reach at all times. Due to safety concerns, most toys are not allowed in the facility.
- Cell phones may be kept on person but may not be used to make or receive calls inside the Video Visitation Center. You may use your phone to show appropriate pictures to the inmate you are visiting, check the time, look at the calendar, text or other appropriate uses. Cell phones may not be used to take photos, video or audio recordings of inmates during the visit. (If your phone becomes a distraction to staff or others, you will be required to leave.)
- No animals are permitted in the Video Visitation Center except for “Trained” Service Animals. (Emotional Support Animals are not allowed in the facility.)
Please be aware: any violation of the rules will result in a warning and/or being asked to leave the facility. Depending on the violation you may be subject to a ban from future visits in the facility.
Visitors in the facility must be properly dressed to ensure the orderly operation of the Video Visitation Center and the Detention Facility. The Video Visitation Center dress code applies to both male and female visitors as follows:
- Visitors must be clothed in a manner which covers all intimate areas and torso. Clothing may not be sheer or see-through and must fit in a manner to prevent unintended exposure of intimate body parts. Regardless of the clothing worn, visits will be immediately terminated if the visitor is observed to be exposing themselves to the inmate.
- Visitors observed or reported to be lifting or arranging their clothing in order to expose themselves to anyone will be ordered to leave the Video Visitation Center immediately and may be subject to a ban from future visitation.
Changing or Cancelling a Visit
You may make changes to your visit within the same scheduling day. Once the scheduling day is passed, the visit can no longer be adjusted.
Once the visit is scheduled, it counts towards the number of visits the inmate is allowed per week. NOTE: If the visit is canceled prior to the visit time, the visit will not count towards the number of visits the inmate is allowed per week.
When a visit is changed or cancelled, messages are not passed to inmates.
Trusty schedules, once approved, are typically implemented immediately. Any visits scheduled prior to an inmate’s trusty schedule are honored. It is the inmate’s responsibility to inform visitors of trusty schedules to avoid visiting complications. The Video Visitation staff does not have access to inmate trusty schedules.