Attention All Visitors
The following information will guide you through the process for scheduling visitation and will also provide valuable information on how to access our phone scheduling system.
Our goal is to provide quality service to you, the public, and enable you to schedule a visitation time that is more convenient to your schedule, family and social lifestyles. Your patience and cooperation are always appreciated.
2727 East Las Vegas
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Phone Number: (719) 390-2373
All visitors are required to park in the designated visitor parking lot. The main entrance of the Visitation Center is directly adjacent to the parking lot.
All visits will be conducted over a video visitation system utilizing televised monitors and telephones.
The following information is provided to enable you, the public, to know and understand our rules, regulations and requirements. Should you have any unanswered questions, please call the general information number (719) 390-2000, 24 hours a day for assistance.
Visitation Days and Hours
Daily from 8:00 AM. to 1:45 PM and 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
During the Day Shift, the first visit starts at 8:00 A.M. while the last visit will start at 1:15 P.M. and end at 1:45 P.M.
During the Swing Shift, the first visit starts at 4:00 P.M. while the last visit will start at 8:30 P.M. and end at 9:00 P.M.
The Video Visitation Center is open every day of the year to include weekends and holidays.
All visitors will be required to schedule their visits two days in advance of the day they wish to visit. Visits may be scheduled by calling 719-390-2373 or in person (by slip.) Do not call the general information number to schedule visits. All visitors must be registered in order to visit. You may not schedule a visit for friends or family members. Once a visit is scheduled no changes to date or time will be made.
When you call to schedule a visit, you must provide the Security Technician with the following information:
- Who you want to visit (please provide the inmate’s complete name and the correct spelling of their name).
- What time do you wish to visit? PLEASE NOTE: If the time that you are requesting is full, you will be advised to make another selection. If the date is incorrect, you will be directed to call back on the correct day.
- Provide all the adult visitors’ complete names. You are limited to only three persons per visit. This includes all children under the age of 18 (others will be required to wait for you outside).
- Provide the number of children or babies that you will be bringing with you to your visit.
- Please have your driver’s license ready for registration purposes.
At times the volume of incoming calls exceeds our available resources. Our staff works quickly and diligently to accommodate the needs of each visitor. If you experience difficulty getting through by phone, please be patient and call back. It is very helpful if you have all the required information immediately available when you are scheduling a visit. Calls to the Video Visitation Center may be recorded to ensure customer service, as well as the continued safety and security of the staff and facility.
When a visit is cancelled, messages are not passed onto inmates. The visitor is encouraged to reschedule for the next available visiting day.
Visitation Rules for Wards
Wards D2, E2, E3, E4, F2, F3, F4, G1, G2, G3, G4, H1, H2 and Medical can schedule visits two days in advance during regular visitation hours. These wards are limited to no more than two (2) visits per day, or eight (8) visits per week
Inmates in Progressive/Regressive Classification Wards are limited in the number of visits they can have weekly and the time of day at which they are available for visits. More information on wards (A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B4, C1, C2, D1, E1, and F1) is available in hand out form at the Video Visitation Center. The following wards are determined by the following restrictions:
- Alpha 1 is limited to 2 visits per week during the hour out.
- Alpha 2 is limited to 1 visit per week during the hour out.
- Alpha 3 is limited to 4 visits per week during hour out.
- Bravo 1 is limited to 1 visit per week during the hour out.
- Bravo 2 is limited to 4 visits per week during the hour out.
- Bravo 4 is limited to 1 visit per week during the hour out.
- Charlie 1 is limited to 2 visits per week during the hour out.
- Charlie 2 is limited to 4 visits per week during the hour out.
- Delta 1 is limited to 4 visits per week during the hour out.
- Echo 1 is limited to 6 visits per week between 8:00-1:45 & 4:00-7:00.
- No food; No gum; No drinks; No smoking; No loitering in or near the Video Visitation Center; No animals permitted in the Criminal Justice Center or Visitation Center except for trained service animals.
- Only necessary items may be brought into the building. Extra items should be secured in your vehicle or left at home.
- Proper Government issued identification is required to visit. Proper identification must include your full name, a photo and date of birth. If we can not ensure your identity, we will not allow you to visit in our facility.
- Visitors exhibiting loud disruptive behavior or abusive language will be required to leave the facility and forfeit the remainder of their allotted visitation time.
- Visits will be limited to three visitors to include children.
- Visitors must be 18 years old or older unless accompanied by their parent or legal guardian. Spouses under the age of 18 will be permitted when they provide a valid form of ID and a marriage license.
- Adult visitors must control their minor children, keeping them within arms reach at all times. Due to safety concerns, no children’s toys are allowed in the Visitation Center.
- The person under whose name the visit is scheduled must be present in order for the visit to proceed.
- All visitors checking in for a scheduled visit must be present at the start of the visit. Visitors shall remain at their designated visitation booth until they are ready to leave, or the visit has ended. If a visitor leaves the Visitation Center before the visit has ended, they may not re-enter the visitation area.
- Visitors may not go to any other visitation booth for any reason. Visitors found at other than their designated visitation booth, will have their visit terminated and be asked to leave the Visitation Center.
- Late arrivals are only entitled to the balance of their scheduled time up to 15 minutes. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, you will be asked to reschedule your visit. We will not adjust your scheduled visit time.
- Cell phones shall be turned off and put away while in the Visitation Center. (Professional Visitors Exempted)
Guests of the Video Visitation Center must be properly dressed to ensure the orderly operation of the Visitation Center and the Detention Facility. The Video Visitation Center dress code applies to both male and female visitors and is as follows:
Pants/Shorts must be lower than mid-thigh. Dresses/Skirts must be at least knee length. Shirts must cover the stomach, back, chest and shoulders. No low cut blouses, tank tops, halter tops, or any top that is sleeveless or reveals a person’s midriff. Clothing may not be sheer, see-through or torn in a manner that would allow for viewing of intimate body parts. Clothing primarily designed as an undergarment may not be worn as an outer garment. Hats and caps will not be worn inside the Visitation Center.
Visitors observed or reported lifting or arranging their clothing in order to expose themselves to anyone will be ordered to leave the Video Visitation Center immediately and may be subject to a ban from future visitation.