Cash, Cashier’s Checks, Official Checks, or Money Orders can be accepted 24/7 at the main transaction window located in the lobby of the Criminal Justice Center (CJC). No personal checks will be accepted and no change is available to be given. Deposits to inmate accounts can only be done through the CJC Bookkeeping window or one of Trinity's systems (cash machines located on the CJC complex and Metro, or online systems).
Persons desiring to send funds to an inmate’s account at the Criminal Justice Center may send the following:
- Cashiers Checks
- Official Checks
- Money Orders
- No Cash / No Personal Checks
Address the envelope as follows:
El Paso County Criminal Justice Center
Attn: Bookkeeping – Inmate Funds
2739 East. Las Vegas St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Envelopes with inmate funds will have the following restrictions:
- No personal correspondence or pictures, only the above-mentioned financial documents.
- Money orders and checks must be filled out in their entirety and payable to EPSO with inmate’s full booking name and ID number (this is the inmate’s number which begins with the letter “A”).
- The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office recommends cash never be sent through the US Mail.
- Each envelope received must contain one deposit for one inmate. Multiple deposits in the same envelope will not be accepted.
Using Smart Deposit: Two easy ways for your friends and family to put money in your account.
- Online or mobile: go to www.SmartDeposit.com
- By Phone: Call 1-866-394-0490 (Monday-Friday 8:00am - 8:00pm ET)
VISA and MasterCard accepted
Please contact GTL Advance Pay Service Department at (866) 230-7761 to set up pre-paid phone accounts.