Sheriff's Office Makes Arrests in Shooting on Longhorn Point
On August 23, 2020, at approximately1:41 AM, the Sheriff's Office received a call regarding a shooting at a property in the 20000 block of Longhorn Point, located in unincorporated El Paso County, Colorado.
Deputies along with members of the Fountain Police Department responded and located several gunshot victims, and immediately rendered aid. The adult victims were transported to a local hospital. Subsequent information revealed additional adult victims had self-transported to a hospital in Pueblo.
Detectives conducted an investigation regarding the circumstances surrounding this shooting and as a result Mr. Alejandro Barcelo and Mr. Jontrell Lockett were arrested for their involvement in this case.
Barcelo was arrested on the following charges:
- Criminal Attempt to Commit Second Degree Murder (4 Counts)
- Assault in the First Degree (4 Counts)
- Illegal discharge of a firearm (4 Counts)
- Prohibited Use of a Weapon (4 Counts)
Lockett was arrested on the following charges:
- Assault in the First Degree (1 Count)
- Illegal discharge of a firearm (1 Count)
- Prohibited Use of a Weapon (1Count)
Mug shots of Barcelo and Lockett are attached to this media release.
We would like to thank our partners with the Violent Offender Fugitive Task Force, Fountain Police Department, Colorado State Patrol and the Pueblo Police Department for their assistance in this investigation.