El Paso County Sheriff’s Office Notification of Sexually Violent Predator
In accordance with Colorado law, the Colorado Department of Corrections has notified the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office that Mario Andres Gutierrez will be on supervised release, parole, and is registered at 5250 Marabou Way Colorado Springs, CO, 80911, which is located in the jurisdiction of the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office. Mario Andres Gutierrez is a sex offender whose past behavior has led him to be labeled a “Sexually Violent Predator” (SVP) by the parole board. Accordingly, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office has made “community notifications” as required by law and undertaken the following tasks, among others:
* Notified the Division of Criminal Justice's Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) Notification Team.
* Reviewed and confirmed the residence for Gutierrez and his employment, access to vehicles, legal status
and past crimes.
* Made personal and/or mail notifications to neighbors and businesses deemed to be in the immediate area.
* Briefed patrol personnel on Gutierrez' status, history, appearance, residence, employment and vehicles.
* Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies.
* Provided an online video (www.epcsheriffsoffice.com) that describes the SVP community notification
process, SVP information and additional resources for the community.
The Sheriff’s Office will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that Mario Andres Gutierrez registers as a sex offender and that he understands his responsibilities as such. Gutierrez' criminal history reveals that he was convicted of Sex Assault - overcome victim's will, Adult Felony, and Sex Assault on a Child, Adult Felony.
Mario Andres Gutierrez is registered as a resident at 5250 Marabou Way Colorado Springs, CO, 80911. He is described as a Hispanic male, 31 years old, 5’6” tall, 150 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. Gutierrez is one of 5 “Sexually Violent Predators” currently registered with the El Paso Sheriff’s Office who reside in this community.
The El Paso Sheriff’s Office takes his presence in our community very seriously and is intent on ensuring he conducts himself in a lawful manner and that our citizens remain safe and aware.
Anyone with further questions about this SVP and this Community Notification process can contact Detective Joy Moss of the El Paso Sheriff’s Office Special Victims Unit at 719-520-7341.