El Paso County Sheriff’s Office Notification of Sexually Violent Predator
In accordance with Colorado law the Colorado Department of Corrections has notified the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office that Warren Wayne Carrell will be on supervised release, parole, and is registered at 2342 Zebra Point Colorado Springs, CO, 80951, which is located in the jurisdiction of the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office. Warren Wayne Carrell is a sex offender whose past behavior has led him to be labeled a “Sexually Violent Predator” (SVP) by the parole board. Accordingly, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office has made “community notifications” as required by law and undertaken the following tasks, among others:
* Notified the D.O.C. Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) Notification Team.
* Reviewed and confirmed the residence for Carrell and his employment, access to vehicles, legal status
and past crimes
* Made personal and/or mail notifications to neighbors and businesses deemed to be in the immediate area.
* Briefed patrol personnel on Carrell's status, history, appearance, residence, employment and vehicles.
* Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies.
* Provided an on-line video (www.epcsheriffsoffice.com) that describes the SVP community notification
process, SVP information and additional resources for the community.
The Sheriff’s Office will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that Warren Wayne Carrell registers as a sex offender and that he understands his responsibilities as such. Carrell's criminal history reveals that he was convicted of 35-42-4-3, Child Molesting, in 1998 in Indiana. Carrell has been convicted of 2 counts of Child Molesting.
Warren Wayne Carrell is registered as a resident at 2342 Zebra Point Colorado Springs, CO, 80951. He is described as a white male, 57 years old, 5’10” tall, 198 pounds, with gray hair and brown eyes. Carrell is one of 4 “Sexually Violent Predators” currently registered with the El Paso Sheriff’s Office who reside in this community. The El Paso Sheriff’s Office takes his presence in our community very seriously and is intent on insuring he conducts himself in a lawful manner and that our citizens remain safe and aware.
Anyone with further questions about this SVP and this Community Notification process can contact Detective Joy Moss of the El Paso Sheriff’s Office Special Victims Unit at 719-520-7341.