El Paso County Sheriff’s Office Notification of Sexually Violent Predator
In accordance with Colorado law, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office is notifying the community that Mark White has moved to an address in the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office jurisdiction. White is a sex offender whose past behavior has led him to be labeled a Sexually Violent Predator (SVP) by the court. Accordingly, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office has made “community notification” as required by law and undertaken the following tasks, among others:
* Notified the D.O.C. Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) Notification Team.
* Reviewed and confirmed the residence for White and his employment, access to vehicles, legal status and past crimes
* Made personal and/or mail notifications to neighbors and businesses deemed to be in the immediate area.
* Briefed patrol personnel on White's status, history, appearance, residence, employment and vehicles.
* Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies.
* Provided an online video (www.epcsheriffsoffice.com) that describes the SVP community notification process, SVP information and additional resources for the community.
The El Paso Sheriff’s Office takes his presence in our community very seriously and is intent on insuring he conducts himself in a lawful manner and that our citizens remain safe and aware.
White’s criminal history reveals that he was convicted of Aggravated Sexual Battery: Victim less than 13 years of age in 2009 in the State of Virginia.
White is registered as a resident at 1206 Idyllwood Drive. He is described as a White male, 57 years old, 5’10” tall,188lbs, with strawberry blond hair and hazel eyes. He is one of five (5) “Sexually Violent Predators” currently registered with the El Paso Sheriff’s Office who reside in this community.