El Paso County Sheriff’s Office Notification of Sexually Violent Predato
In accordance with Colorado law, the Colorado Department of Corrections has notified the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office that Dennis Eugene Hase is registered at 8850 Squirrel Creek Road, Fountain, Co., 80817, which is located in the jurisdiction of the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office. Dennis Eugene Hase is a sex offender whose past behavior has led him to be labeled a “Sexually Violent Predator” (SVP) by the State of Colorado. Accordingly, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office has made “community notifications” as required by law and undertaken the following tasks, among others:
* Notified the Division of Criminal Justice's Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) Notification Team.
* Reviewed and confirmed the residence for Hase and his employment, access to vehicles, legal status
and past crimes.
* Made personal and/or mail notifications to neighbors and businesses deemed to be in the immediate area.
* Briefed patrol personnel on Hase's status, history, appearance, residence, employment and vehicles.
* Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies.
* Provided an online video (www.epcsheriffsoffice.com) that describes the SVP community notification
process, SVP information and additional resources for the community.
The Sheriff’s Office will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that Dennis Eugene Hase registers as a sex offender and that he understands his responsibilities as such. Hase's criminal history reveals that he was convicted of Attempted Sexual Assault in 2016 and Sexual Assault on a Child in 1989.
Dennis Eugene Hase is registered as a resident at 8850 Squirrel Creek Road, Fountain, Co., 80911. He is described as a white male, 61 years old, 6’1” tall, 170 pounds, with white hair and blue eyes. Hase is one of 6 “Sexually Violent Predators” currently registered with the El Paso Sheriff’s Office who reside in this community.
The El Paso Sheriff’s Office takes his presence in our community very seriously and is intent on ensuring he conducts himself in a lawful manner and that our citizens remain safe and aware.
Anyone with further questions about this SVP and this Community Notification process can contact Detective T. Ferrell of the El Paso Sheriff’s Office Special Victims Unit at 719-520-7213.