The Support Operations Division is comprised of over 60 personnel and is responsible for providing a communication connection between the Office and the community, as well as ensuring the required manpower and material resources are available to meet the Sheriff's Office mission .
The Support Operations Division is made up of eight sections.
- The Communications Section provides the link between the public and police, fire or medical assistance, answering all emergent and non-emergent calls from citizens in the unincorporated portions of El Paso County.
- The Radio Systems Manager is responsible for providing the Sheriff's Office with coordination, resolution and acts as the primary point of contact toward the operation of radio users’ equipment on the Pikes Peak Regional Communications Network (PPRCN) 800 MHz Trunked Radio System. The manager also is responsible for maintenance of department equipment, contracts and/or budgets for radio users’ fees and maintenance.
- Fleet Services is responsible for the acquisition, maintenance, assignment, and disposal of vehicles for which the Sheriff’s Office has responsibility. This includes maintenance and repair to over 398 units to include, but not limited to utility trailers/motorcycles, SUVs’, large wildland fire and hazardous material vehicles, special purpose units such as K-9, Mounted Patrol units, snowmobile’s, mobile Command Post, and Metro VNI units.
- The Training Section is responsible for coordinating and scheduling all training within the Sheriff’s Office to include recruit training academies. This section is also responsible for the development, implementation and administration of all Sheriff’s Office training programs, as well as the coordination of all training through other agencies, institutions and providers.
- Professional Standards major function is the receiving, processing and investigation of complaints made against members of the Sheriff's Office. To ensure public trust and maintain the integrity of the Sheriff's Office, the Professional Standards Unit conducts immediate, thorough and objective investigations of all complaints.
- Community Relations and Outreach Unit continuously strive to maintain open communication between law enforcement and the community we serve. The unit was based on the recognition of the need for mutual understanding and cooperation to solve community and neighborhood problems. Through effective relationships, community members learn about policing while law enforcement members learn about the policing needs of the community.
- Support Services Manager
- Special Operations
Within the pages of this website are descriptions of the various Sections and Units that make up the Division of Professional Responsibility.