Administrative Services Division
Thank you for visiting the Administrative Services Division web page. Please take a moment to become familiar with the various units within the Division and consider the level of value our staff brings to the Sheriff’s Office and the community. Human Resources, Background Investigations, Internal Affairs, Records, and Volunteer Opportunities are all critical functions to the mission success of the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office. With just over 30 full time employees, the Administrative Services Division is one of the smallest Divisions. While that may not seem like something to brag about, the volume of work completed by the small number of dedicated employees is certainly remarkable.
- Background Investigations Team completes the background investigation process for all new employees and volunteers. They ensure only the best candidates are hired with the Office.
- Human Resources Team provides many important functions and serves as the nucleus for all personnel administration, including selection, hiring, retention, and payroll.
- Internal Affairs receives, processes, and investigates complaints made against members of the Sheriff's Office.
- The Records Unit is responsible for data entry of all case reports, summons and complaints, parking citations, and FIRs (Field Interview Reports) along with numerous other duties.
- The El Paso County Sheriff's Office Corps of Volunteers is a collective citizens group, over 500 strong, with a true and common desire to partner with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office by volunteering their services while learning more about the internal workings of the Sheriff's Office.